Monday, January 3, 2011

Starting CSE694 in 2011

As the sun creeps over the horizon and filters through the tree, a new term of college is starting. During the lapse since the last term I have left the world in which I routinely live and traveled around China, a virtual WiFi dessert and very arid land for Internet. Access to the Internet via the iPad (WiFi only) seemed to be limited to a couple airports and one hotel. Another hotel had a computer connected to the Internet but the space bar, and the "g" and "h" keys didn't work. Try typing without those features.

Now back where I'm obligated to respond to my 150 emails and respond to my duties and privileges as a college instructor, it's time to guide us through this CSE694 "Blogging" course. Generally we will use my website (www.wou.edu/~saxowsd/tech2/eden/amind/cse694/cse694.php, more easily accessible through saxowsky.com with links to WOU and then CSE694) will serve as our guide. We will be creating blogs and using them to discuss our experiences and discoveries. We will walk through a process of determining the usefulness of blogs in education and improving the usefulness of our blogs.

So let's simply start by setting up a blog. While the options are numerous, I recommend starting with blogger.com for compatibility and advanced features. You will first create a gmail account by going to google.com, clicking on mail and following the prompts. Then go to blogger.com and setup a blog following the prompts. For your first blog entry give us a little introduction of who you are. Finally send me the address of your blog; it should be formatted something like http://yourblogname.blogspot.com.

Do this as soon as you can because a three-week one-credit class goes by quickly. Aim to have it to me by Wednesday, January 5, 2011.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Denvy! I have started my blog, but was wondering whether there are any particular journals you find useful for the next assignment. I'm going to go look some up, but I have no experience in this area, so even if there are just journals to avoid, it would help me, lol!

    Your trip to China sounds amazing. What were the best parts of the trip?

    Thanks!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I didn't see my blog on the list so I wanted to make sure you got my email. My blog address is sabrinamaki.blogspot.com! Thanks =)

    Sabrina Maki

    ReplyDelete