Monday, January 17, 2011

Promoting your Blog

Of course, if your blog is designed for a captive audience such as your class, promoting your blog is unnecessary, but if you want your blog to be a resource for other teachers or a discussion forum for peers around the worldwide, some techniques for promoting your blog are important.

Consider some of these which are summarized from http://weblogs.about.com/od/marketingablog/tp/10BlogResolutions.htm

1. Increase the frequency of your posting.
2. Respond to more comments generating more interaction
3. Get rid of unnecessary and perhaps annoying blogs in your blogroll
4. Get rid of annoying or distracting gadgets
5. Learn something new like videos and podcasts
6. Try new things, like maybe a gadget that generates more interaction
7. Promote your blog like through social bookmarking
8. Interconnect more like through twitter, facebook and others
9. Enhance the appearance by trying another blog site other than blogger.com
10. Upgrade your blogs functionality, try Wordpress



4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Denvy. I think for my "Master Blog" I am going to try out WordPress. Any tips on that? ;->

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these tips Denvy... Very helpful. I especially like the one about responding to people's comments. I know I appreciate when people respond to me... It keeps me interested and engaged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI, I just tried to visit Russell's blog but it appears to no longer be there. Are others having the same experience?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having the same trouble, William. Looks like he's removed it.

    ReplyDelete