Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting closure in CSE694

If a three-credit course takes ten weeks, then we can assume that a one-credit course will take three and one-third weeks which will be tomorrow, Tuesday, late morning. Of course, grades aren't due until the end of the term, so there's leeway unless you want closure and the ability to move on to other courses or activities.

Looking at the blogs today it appears as if about one-third of you are finished (Jan, Nicole, Russ, Sheryl and William). Another few only need to write a final reflection (Alyssa, Heather, Mary, Patricia and Tori). The remaining are typically missing a blog on features, management, marketing and a final reflection.

Those are the numbers and numbers seldom tell the entire story. As this course evolves over time both through my research into blogging and your research and discoveries, the course becomes more sophisticated and refined. As a team working to refine the use of blogs in education, you have advanced the use of blogs greatly. I'm very excited about those of you who have attempted all the expectations, adventured far beyond the guidelines and finally have developed blogs for your educational purposes.

As questions or insights come to you, add them to your blog and we'll let this course become a life-long learning experience.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Denvy--I emailed. Just want to check what I'm missing. Thanks.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all over it. I just need a reflection and I'm still motivated.

    Thanks for this great course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I just returned from a conference in San Diego...report cards are due tomorrow. Been a crazy few weeks, but am thankful that there is leeway!! Whew!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denvy, I completed my reflection, but for some reason it is not showing on your post list. If you go to my blog it is the most recent article. Don't know why, but I'm worried you might not see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Professor Saxowsky:

    Can you give us a bit of a preview of CSE 697 - will it overlap this course, or be an extension of it?

    Thanks,

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, my previous comment is no longer true as I posted another item on my blog... so my reflection is not the most recent article, but of course is still available for your reading pleasure... hehehe!
    Thanks,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete