Friday, January 7, 2011

Scaffolding in this Course

To get our heads around this concept of blogging we are setting up our blogs (basic technology within the range of almost everyone's skills), reading a couple journal articles about blogging as it is related to education (we can all read and should be able to find articles), blogging about our finding to reinforce our readings and expand everyone's view of blogging.

With 18 individuals in this course we have a captive audience for our blogs but a cumbersome task for each of us to go to and read each blog daily. So first let's split the class into two groups. In one group include Alyssa, Bryndle, George, Heather, Jan, Joel, Lisa, Mary and Maureen. All others will be in the other group. With this grouping I expect that you will only have to read the blogs in your group and comment on their entries, but you're welcome to read anything and comment anywhere. So the next step is to read each others' blogs and comment on them.

It's still a bit awkward getting back and forth among all the blogs. So, over the weekend, try to setup some RSS feeds (click on subscribe to (Post) at the bottom of the blog page and see what prompts your computer will give you). Also go to the settings or design portion of your blog and setup some gadgets to follow and link to other blogs. Give it a try, ask me questions and I'll add details later.

Now I'm headed to the office through 12 miles of pea-soup fog. May your pea-soup be sweet.

12 comments:

  1. Would you mind listing the people in the second group? I am not sure exactly who's blogs I am supposed to be looking at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori, I am in your group--my blog is CSE 694-Education Blog.

    Melanie

    So far, I have this list (but am missing a few):

    Melanie, Tori, Sheryl, Russ, Patricia, and Nicki. (So we are three short--I'll keep looking).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, our course list has four, actually, so I've made an error somewhere, but this is what is says so far:

    Melanie, Tori, Sheryl, Russ, Patricia, Nicki, Ronald, Nicole, William, and Sabrina.

    I don't think everyone has a blog up yet, but could be wrong! Let me know if you find everyone.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops--I put Nicki on the list twice. So that is the list. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to set up to some links to the teacher blogs I had found. I used the gadget tool & added "links", but even after trying three times, I kept getting an error which wouldn't let me complete it.

    Anyone have this experience?

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops - more questions. I don't understand RSS feeds at all. I know my Chinese language sites offer them, but I've never used one. What kinds of feeds would we want to add to this blog & how do they differ from podcasts?

    Thanks for the help, jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the second group too. "Mr. Wellen" is A.K.A "William" Wellen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of splitting into groups. I am feeling very overwhelmed. I love blogging so far, but my day runs out before I can keep up with everyone...will attempt to step it up a notch, but love the smaller group!! Whew...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi all ..we are CENSCAFF (India) is a reputed and quality conscious manufacturer, supplier of scaffolding like scaffolding fittings, scaffolding products, Steel Centering, Shuttring , building scaffolding and scaffolding accessories.
    http://www.censcaff.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just linked to Melanie's, Sheryl's, Russ', Nicki's, Ronnie's & Sabrina's blogs. I had already been linked to Tori's.

    I agree with Maureen that splitting our class into two groups makes keeping up on other blogs, posting & commenting much more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. weird...I have NO IDEA where my other comment went! Anyways, thanks again to those in my group for the hard work! I just bookmarked the blogs I am SUPPOSED to read and comment to make things easier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eureka!!!
    I finally found my way to the group and I am on board now.
    I am having a blast navigating all the over the place. I am finding and learning new features. Thanks for your patience and direction.

    ReplyDelete