Friday, January 1, 2010

Who Cares

Whoopee! I have a blog. Who cares? And if no one cares, or reads it, why am I doing this?

I think someone will care. I think that this may be a great venue for bringing together people and their ideas. I think it's a great way to have a forum for questions about how to use technology, like how to set up a blog, or link a RSS, or configure the clickers in a classroom, and how to use a blog for teaching, or to use a SmartBoard effectively, or to use iPods for learning.

I'm going to start close to home, or at least on this blog page, with the items on the left of the page, or the right of the page, depending on your blog template. (After having said that I guess I had better not change my template.)

Followers: there seem to be both the possibilites of me following someone else or someone else following me. At this point no one is following me, but I will deal with that soon by writing to my students and peers in education, and suggest that they follow this. Once I have followers, or an audience, I will be more comfortable knowing to whom I am writing.

Nor have I chosen anyone to follow. Now that's an issue. I could follow my students because I ask them to blog regularly and this way I can find all their blogs from one location, without having to retype their blog address every time. I could follow my family friends which I definitely want to do but maybe they're not into academics and technology. I could follow peers, especially if a network around technology in education evolves. But I really want to follow blogs that lead me, blogs from around the world of people who are forerunners in this field.

I suspect the technological steps to follow others may offer some challenges that will take time to resolve, but I think distilling the many blogs on the Internet down to those that will serve me best is where I need to spend most of the time and critical thinking energy.

Here I go. Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment