Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's My Turn

I've dug through the literature and tantalized you with challenges.  But I haven't designed my own personal or professional blog beyond the class, so, in all fairness, it's time for me to take on the challenge I have given.  I will start gently, expanding my Digital Inklings beyond blogging and into other forms of technology.  Tags will be useful and returning to previous posts to tag them is a early task.

Secondly, I'm planning a blog for my family to discuss their heritage.  Phase two will be to include the extended family and the final phase will be to include a general population with related and similar stories.  This I will start by including the blog URL in my routine emails to my siblings on this topic.  I will add a link in the saxowsky.com.  After some time I will contact extended family with the address of the blog with questions about their families.  About the same time I will link other blogs regarding family trees, comment on their posts and include my URL in my comments.  I'm starting a mental list (maybe I should write it down)  of what I will write about with the idea that I will add something several times a week.  I will also include routine instructions on how readers can set up a feed.

OK.  I said too much.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you! :) Believe me, don't take on too much all at once. I tried that this month and it's not working out too well. I'll write a post about it and also about what I've gotten out of this class to answer your question in my comments. I has actually been a really interesting learning experience for me, less about the technology of blogs and more about the usage, pros and cons, and perception of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to checking back on your progress, too. Your project sounds ambitious, and your readership by fellow Saxowskians guaranteed....

    I not sure if I can focus on one theme with my blog - the more sites I search, the more I want to include. The potential for learning and growing is amazing; knowing it with your head is one thing, experiencing it is quite another. These past few weeks have only just brushed the surface of the blogosphere - and my respect for bloggers has grown, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete