Friday, January 22, 2010

Marketing your Blog

Closely related to managing your blog so that it is easy, effective and efficient for you is marketing your blog. Promoting your blog and establishing a readership is key to the success of a blog, especially in developing a professional development network. Of course, if you use blogging in a class, you have a captured audience.

So here's a quick link to a site that you too can find with a simple search. These sites are juried like most blogs, through the commenters. Your wisdom developed your research and extracted from your knowledge will determine the value of these links.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Denvy for the wonderful quick link which provided me with superb information in regards to marketing your blog. I read several of the links and have compiled a favorite list of ideas for my own use. The link for beginners was especially useful as I still consider myself a novice. I especially will take heed to two of the suggestions in that article: Thinking of your blog title as a headline (luring and enticing your readers). This kind of reminds me of that "anticipatory set" that we teachers all know about. Hooking in that audience, making them want more. Secondly, I like the straightforward language around defining your goals and maintaining a consistent design and focus. If you know who you audience is, why try to change who you are writing for. Sometimes the most basic reminders are those details that many of us forget. The fundamental skills that are the building blocks and foundations any solid endeavor.

    ReplyDelete