Sunday, January 8, 2012

Starting Simple

The last blog posting was "Why Blog?" This one is "What to write?" Let's start simple, something we can all handle very easily: an introduction of ourselves.

For the first blog just write something about yourself. Tell us about your connection to education, are you a teacher; why you're taking this class, what are your expectation and goals; and some thoughts about how you might use a blog. You can also add something about your garden or last weekend's adventure or not.

Gabriel will be five weeks old Wednesday. We spent his second and third weeks of his life while visiting our daughter and her family in North Dakota. Angelmary, our honorary daughter, will be starting her first class at WOU Monday. Those are the highlights.

I actually am a mathematician turned toymaker turned educator; a North Dakotan turned Alaskan living in Oregon. Although my birth date is long enough ago that I might consider retirement, but every time I walk into a classroom or exchanged ideas with students, I hope never to retire. Somewhere in my being is a story which may never be written so I write a blog. Blogs may be an great tool for teaching, learning and sharing knowledge, so I write a blog. Many days in my life have been routine but some have offered me great experiences which I hope to share, so I blog.

After you have created your blog, introduce yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Hensteach is my blog and Laura Hensley is my name. I am looking forward to the next several weeks and learning more about using this technology. I have posted my introduction.

    I did start a blog awhile back and used the name White Horse because I was nervous about my real name being in cyberspace. Let me know if that is an issue, I am not nervous anymore. I just signed in as I normal do and saw that White Horse was still being used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://occupylearning.blogspot.com/ is my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my blog address:
    http://heathers-socialstudies-class.blogspot.com
    with my intro.

    ReplyDelete