Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The iPad is around the corner

It doesn't come to anyone who has as much as a little finger in computers and the Internet that this cyberworld is getting way out of hand. Not that this is bad or that the components are bad, it's just that there's so much of it and it changes so fast that it's impossible to "keep up." How to young people do it? One thing is that they don't concern themselves with the big pictures. If they find something the works and they enjoy it, they use it. The overly analytic oldsters want to compare with the umpteen other options and understand how it compares with the past, and how it may effect the future.

So I attended this workshop yesterday that served as an overview of the possibilities in using Moodle, the university's course management program. I've used it for several years but the possibilities that I haven't used or even knew about are, well, just plain overwhelming.

Are you ready for the iPad coming out this weekend? Have you considered the competition such as the Kindle from Amazon? I found it very relaxing and soothing to be making wooden boxes as graduation gifts this morning beside a wood-fired stove while listening to the rain on the roof.

Enjoy the vast world that goes beyond our planet> By the way, I just came back from Second Life.

1 comment:

  1. Technology can be fun and useful, and perhaps the eReaders will save students money and back pain. However, no matter how much the people around me extol the virtues of products such as Kindle, I just can't see myself giving up the simple pleasures of turning physical pages in a well-loved book, noting the cherry stain from when I read it while selling cherries on the roadside in high school.

    ReplyDelete